ARTIST OF THE WEEK
A cub with a heart of a lioness
She is so young. Her mind however is that of a fully-grown up artist who is geared to make a name in the country’s urban music zones.
Recently, she’s released Moving On, a song she featured Waxy Kay. From the song, if she can keep up the pace she’s started with, she can be a somebody (musically) in the near future.
An interview with her reviews how focused she is to leave a mark. Pamesha says she wants to prove to the world that female urban musicians can also survive the tirade on the M-Dubz music scenery.
Pamesha says Moving On is just a dose of her musical prowess and she says time would be the better master when M-Dubz music industry shall accept her heavyweight status.
Below is an excerpt Pamesha had with EM’s Keddie Kedson to share insights into her musical background.
- Full Name: Pamesha Ziwoya
- Meaning of your name, Pamesha? Pamesha means “A flower”
- Date of birth; 08/09/1997
- Highest academic paper; Diploma in Business management pending…
- Favourite food; Chips with Chicken
- Record label; No record label
- Favourite colour; Orange and Skyblue
- Single, or taken? In a relationship
- Base: Mzuzu
- Apart from music, what do you do for a living: Business
- What really drove you into this industry? Have always loved music
WHO’S WHO ON YOUR 265 URBAN MUSIC LIST
- Best friend, musically? Rita
- First professional song? Moving on
- First professional producer? Zephy Oldies
- Best producer ever worked with? Zephy
- Favourite local, and international urban artists? local-Shamma Vocals urban- Tasha Cobbs
- Favourite local TV presenter? Ruth kulaisi
- Favourite local TV channel: Zodiak
- Favourite local videographer: Mest
YOUR LIFE AGAINST OTHER ARTISTS, and YOUR MUSIC IN GENERAL
- How would you describe the following people in one word each?
– Both are Talented
- Which of all your collabos do you cherish the most? Moving on
- Dream artists you wanna work with? Shammah Vocals, & MadaFaziri
- Brief self-description: A music fanatic, and a Born-again Christian
- Assuming you are getting married, who would be your Maid of honour? Getrude Zyovu
- What pisses you most, as a person? Failure pisses me off
- Dream holiday destination? Canada
- Assuming you passed on today, whom would you want to lay the first wreath on his tombstone? My Mum
- Dream car? Range Rover
- Everyday motivation? Hustle to make ends meet motivates me
- Any other talents minus singing? Dancing, and playing Basketball
SOCIAL MEDIA DETAILS
- INSTAGRAM; Pameshas
- FACEBOOK; Pamesha Ziwoya