ARTIST OF THE WEEK
“NO BOUNDARIES IN POSITIVE VYBZ”
By Kedson Ngwira
Positivity in urban music can better be described by looking at “No Limit’s music. His music has not only been rich in positive messages but also has moved many a Malawian listener.
Unlike other local urban music artists who are always busy outshining each other on who has banged a lot of chicks or who has got a lot of blings, “No Limit” is totally different. His, has always been a music full of life saving and life-changing messages.
Take the case of “Tipewe malungo”, for example. A song released early this year. It was about how Malawi can be malaria free. It did not take long for FHI an international Non-Governmental Organization that works in various communities countrywide, to adopt the song as its theme song in one of its anti-malaria campaigns.
That is not all. “No Limit” is the top notch of his “No Limit Made Business; a firm that transforms the lives of Malawian youths via promotion of their art.
That explains the seriousness that is bred in “No Limit”.
But who is he really? What’s his music background?
- Birth name: Howokire Henry Lweya Jr.
- The meaning and origin of the stage name: Not limited to achieving greatness. Originates from parental advice of becoming whatever a child would.
- Date of birth: 7th April, 1991
- Life outside music: Environmentalist.
- Origin of your passion in music: Choir in Church.
- Favorite drink: Any fruit juice.
- Favourite meal: Rice with boiled chicken.
- Favourite hide out?: Home
- Best friend: My lady, Charity.
- Favourite performance venues; CivoStadium.
WHO’S WHO ON YOUR LIST?
- First producer: Lawrence Kadondo in Liwonde.
- First professional song: “Missing you” dedicated to my late head teacher at Mawila PVT sec. school.
- First collabo: Ndimakukonda ft Mady P in 2011.
- Best producer ever worked with: Zephy Oldies.
- Favourite international urban music artist: Diamond Platnumz.
- Favourite local videographer: Daflon 996.
- All time local urban music guru: Piksy.
- Malawian artist(s) to have a collabo with? Piksy.
- International music artist to have a collabo with? Diamond Platnumz
- Dream country to perform: RSA
- Dream holiday destination: DUBAI
- Dream car?; RANGE ROVER
- What makes you unique? Mature lyrics and stage confidence.
- 2019 resolutions: Launch Nzaulendo Uno 2019 album.
- Can one take Malawi urban music as a serious career (just like the way it is in other countries)?; Yes very sure and possible.
- Your best song so far? “Agents of Change” because it gives the desired change of mindset for a better world.
- If you can have your fans remember one thing about you, what would it be?
- Transformed generation through art.
- If you could date any other musician (Or celebrity), who would it be and why?
- Hahahahahaha maybe Zani Challe lol. I like her style of music.
- Do you think you could get any better as a musician? And if so, how would you achieve that?
- Yes, just focusing on good music with matured content and production.
- If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be?
- Continue listening to my music with meditation. It’s music to change them for the best.
- Most memorable moment in life as an artist? Interviewed by Youth Alert Mix radio program on Radio 2 in 2009 just when I released ‘Abstinence’ single.
- Most embarrassing moment? DJ saying my music is whack after submitting it for air play.
- Have you ever dealt with performance anxiety? Yes and am very confident on stage.
IN ONE WORD:
- How do you describe yourself?
- Hard worker
- Artist you grew up listening to: 2Pac Amaru Shakur
- Current base: Ntcheu district.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
- FACEBOOK: HO WO Kire
- TWITTER: @HowokireNoLimit
- INSTAGRAM: @nolimit247_howokire100