ARTIST OF THE WEEK
The Lyrically Blessed Budding Monster
Mwanga is another youngster who’s keeping it real in the rap industry. He has been rising to stardom since his introduction to the game some four years ago. He is ending this year with an EP which will be released this month end.
Entertainment Malawi’s Kedson Ngwira caught up with this lyrically gifted rising star to enlighten his audience about his musical background, and also his musical prospects.
- Government name: Peter Mwangairo
- The meaning behind the stage name: short form of my surname
- Date of birth: 27 th June 1997
- Life outside music: A final year student at college of medicine studying bachelor’s in pharmacy (hons).
- Origin of your passion in music: used to memorize and recite some tracks
- Favorite drink: Azam energy drink
- Favourite meal: Rice and usipa
- Best friend: Patrick Pablo Mkonongo
- Favourite performance venues: College of medicine sports complex
WHO’S WHO ON YOUR LIST?
- First producer: Manzy (Sound system)
- First professional song: Yesu samanama feat spy-t and Mel-c
- First collabo: Follow-follow with wello
- Best producer ever worked with: Elka dj Lopizo
- Favourite international urban music artist: Chronix
- Favourite local videographer : Chigwati
- All time local urban music guru: Everson Matafale
- What do you feel is the best song you’ve ever released and why?: Realness feat Mel-C.
- Malawian artist(s) to have a collabo with? I usually collaborate with artists within my circle like Mel-c, Pum dem, Wello, Bluenyt and many-more
- International music artist to have a collabo with? None
- Dream country to perform: Tanzania
- Dream holiday destination: Uk
- Dream car?: Cienta
- What makes you unique? I handle stuff on a low key but I get things done at the end of the day.
- Can one take Malawi urban music as a serious career (just like the way it is in other countries)? No. I feel like it’s hard to make money out of music in Malawi, ’cause people take art for granted. Artists only enjoy fame from their art.
- Is there a hidden meaning in any of your music. I mostly do positive music so I don’t have to hide any content in my art, its for the people to listen to so I make it simple as possible
- If you can have your fans remember one thing about you, what would it be?: the message I deliver in my lyrics.
- Who is your fan or customer? Anyone who loves, appreciate and understand my art
- If you could date any other musician (Or celebrity) in Malawi, who would it be and why? Lol none
- Pretend you’re the CEO of a certain big record label in Malawi. Mention artist three up and coming artists you would like to manager and why? Spy-t, Flexiz and of course me. I feel like we have all what it takes to come up with good music that would sell.
- If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be? Mwanga appreciate the support and he still has more to offer.
- Most memorable moment in life as an artist? The legendary Marcus (daredevils) recommended my music as being real hip-hop music
- Most embarrassing moment? Forgot the lyrics when we were called to perform an acapella track
- Have you ever dealt with performance anxiety? Yeah
IN ONE WORD:
- How do you describe yourself? Multi-talented
- Artist you grew up listening to: Chris brown
- Current base: Blantyre
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
- Are you actively involved with updating daily your social networking sites? Ie Twitter, Facebook, instagram etc yes
- How can people find you on;
- FACEBOOK: Mwanga (Peter Mwanagairo)
- TWITTER: Mwanga mw