(Humility. Intelligence. Passion. All built-in one soul)
ARTIST OF THE WEEK
If you’re a gospel fan, the name Faith Tsoka is not new. She’s a multi-talented down-down-to-earth young songbird whose music has been blessing a lot of souls. And she recently released Peace of Loving You EP.
She’s not only a musician, but also a blogger, and a youth activist. In short, Faith is more than your everyday young Malawian. She’s a multi-tasker.
EM has been monitoring the rise and rise of this gifted young lady, and via Gibson C Kamanga, we have profiled the life of Faith Tsoka, the artist, and the activist.
- Date of birth: 3 June 1993
- Single/Taken/Complicated?: Single
- Genre of music: Gospel
- Pastime activities: Reading, blogging, music, sleeping and traveling
- Minus music, what else do you do? I’m a blogger/writer and a Program Coordinator for a youth organization that mentors secondary school girls.
- Highest academic paper: Bachelor of Social Science
- City of residence: Zomba
- Favourite meal: Nsima and Kholowa
- Favourite colour: Red
- Favourite drink: Coke
- Favourite chilling spot: on the Veranda of my house
LIFE AS A MUSICAL ARTIST
- Record label: N/A
- Origin of music passion: When I was very young. My dad is the one who always encouraged me to sing. My mum put me up for part-time music lessons. I’ve been into music for a really long time, just not professionally.
- Of all genres, why gospel music? Because I’m a Christian. I’m on earth to serve God. So I use music to serve Him.
WHO’S WHO ON YOUR MUSICAL LIST?
- First professional producer ever worked with: Twin Beatz
- First professional song: This Is the Promise
- First musical show (performance): I performed on MBC TV’s “The Vibe”. I haven’t done any shows though.
- First professional collabo: Not yet
- Best producer ever worked with: I liked them all. They all taught me something valuable.
- Best friend in music: my parents.
- Best friend (outside of music): if I mention, someone might worry that I didn’t mention them instead lol I have numerous friends that are very dear to me.
- Favourite local urban gospel artist: I think I like Lawi and Patience Namadingo. They are doing great for Malawi and I admire their hard work
- Favourite international gospel artist: Kari Jobe.
- Favourite local videographer: N/A
- Greatest urban gospel music artist of all time in Malawi: N/A
YOUR VIEW ON M-DUBZ URBAN MUSIC PODIUM
- Is Malawi urban gospel music there yet? I’m not sure. I can’t say.
- Whom (which Malawian gospel urban artist) do you think has been all over this first quarter of 2018?: I am really not sure. Anyone is capable.
DREAMS… GIVEN A CHANCE…
- Which local Malawian gospel artist would you want to have a collabo with? I’m not sure. Haven’t thought that far
- Which international gospel artist would you want to have a collabo with? Younce Brothers
- Which country would you want to perform? As long as I’m singing for the Blood of Christ.
- Which car would you want to have? I’m not really into cars. I guess Audi would do. I don’t know
- Dream holiday destination: Maldives
- The most memorable moment in your life as a musical artist: I think anytime someone said I blessed their heart, that’s priceless to me.
- Most embarrassing moment as a musical artist: I started singing a song in the wrong key and forced myself to finish it. Let’s just say, if I were white, my face would have turned blue.
- What pisses you most? I don’t like it when people don’t communicate.
- Any strange habit that you have? I fall asleep better to the sound of rain.
- Assuming you wed today, who could be your maid of honour? My little sister, Grace.
- Website: faith-victoria.com
- Facebook: fb.com/Faith Tsoka
- Twitter: @faithtales
- Instagram: faith_Victoria_t
You can buy her music via this link: store.malawi-music.com