ARTIST OF THE WEEK
Sindifuna, a duet with Martse in 2014 marked the genesis of this down-to-earth afro pop and RnB youngster into the professional world of music. Along the way, he released other equally entertaining songs in the likes of Koma ngati, and Tandigwire among others. Still growing, D-All turf is hopeful of a serious career breakthrough that is going to see him hitting the international waters.
D-All Turf is also longing for that day when M-Dubz is going to be treating all artists equally regardless of their stature in the music circles. Currently, the ambitious youngster is working on his projects which, he believes will shake the country’s urban music circles.
So, who is D-All Turf? EM’s Chisomo Chimenya has everything in this Q & A.
Profile by Chisomo Chimenya
- Birth name: Ernest Chikhungu
- Origin of the stage name D- All Turf: Turf was my father’s name, D All is a short fancy version of “Doctor of All People”
- Date of birth: 10th Dec 1995
- Record label: N/A
- Current city: L city
- Single/taken? Taken
- Music genre:
- Life outside music: Small scale farmer
- Origin of the passion in music
- I spent time listening to music, learning and sometimes at church singing
- Artist you grew up listening to:
- Young Kay (now Hyphen)
- First professional song
- First professional producer
- Dj Sley
- First concert
- Project April in 2014
- First collabo
- Sindifuna Ft Martse
- First mobile handset:
- “Mose wa Thabwa” (Basic Huaweii handset)
WHO’S WHO ON YOUR LIST
- Best producer ever worked with
- Dj Sley
- Current trending artist in M-Dubz
- Kell kay
- Best M-Dubz radio DJ
- James Gumbwa
- Favourite studio
- Royal hustle and 97 Dynasty
- If you could wed today, who could be on your bridal party list?
- Chrispin zoom kaipa
- If you can get lost at a certain island, who could be the first person you can contact?
- My Girlfriend
- Three items you always carry when travelling?
- Power bank, charger and credentials
- Most embarrassing moment as an artist
- Made on Monday rejecting 3 songs of minenamely Tandigwire, Mwalakwa and Koma Ngati
- What’s so unique with, that other artists don’t have?
- My songs are characterized by strong lyrics
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES”
- Ernest D-all Turf Chikhungu
- Twitter: King Turf
- IG: Ernest Dall