ARTIST OF THE WEEK
Bwaxy is another youngster who’s keeping it real in the rap industry. Signed under Madness Entertainment, Bwaxy has been rising to stardom since his introduction to the game some three or four years ago. Now, this year, he is to release his first ever untitled EP.
Entertainment Malawi’s Gibson C Kamanga caught up with this lyrically gifted rising star to enlighten his audience about his musical background, and also his musical prospects.
Birth Name: BLESSINGS MALINDIE
Date of Birth: March 13th, 1996
Origin and Meaning Of The Stage Name, BWAXY:
- The name originated during my primary school days. I was yet a musical artist then, but you know, that childish mentality of wanting to have a nick name. So, I too, followed the bandwagon, and I coined the name, B-WAXY.
- It appeared most of my peers were having hurdles in pronouncing my name. So, some guys advised me to remove the hyphen (-) and hence the name BWAXY came into existence.
Single/ Taken: I’ve a loving girlfriend, Cassie
BWAXY’S MUSICAL CAREER
When Did You Realize You Had Passion For Music:
- It must have been around 2013. I wasn’t into music per se. it was my friends who were into music that much. So, as they say, birds of the same feather flock together, I gave it a try. My friends really motivated me into joining this musical business.
- I went on to release some immature songs like Soulja, a gospel track, and then a romantic song. the productions were really whack but I still cherish those moments, they shaped me into where I am today.
How Did You Find Yourself With Madness Entertainment?
- We have been schooling together with Joav Kev, and we were very good friends then. When I had blossomed musically, he signed me to Madness Entertainment.
- I once kissed my girl on stage. It was at Amazon club in Lilongwe. Soon after my performance, she jumped on stage so I had no choice; so yeah! I did that! Of course, the lady is now my ex, but still more, the experience was remarkable.
DARKEST MOMENT IN HIS CAREER:
- I almost had a brawl at some show at Portuguese Club in Lilongwe. It’s bad.
WHO’S WHO ON YOUR MUSICAL LIST?
First Professional Song: Bendova (a collabo with Charisma, and Donzo)
First Professional Producer: Salem, the guy who did my ‘first’ song, that love song. I met him around 2013-14. He’s also the guy who was behind the Bendova
Best Producer Ever Worked With: There are many. Henwood, Bucci, Martin, Anjelz, Mwanie, C Kay. Just to mention but a few.
Best Friend Musically: Charisma (fellow member of Madness Entertainment)
BWAXY’S VIEWSON M-DUBZ PODIUM
Who’s The Current M–Dubz Rap King (From Your Observation)?: Gwamba
Are We There Yet, Musically?
- Nop; we’re still on our way, but soon we will be there because artists are really nailing it!
Challenges M-Dubz Artists Are Facing:
- We’re highly underrated by our audience. Instead of appreciating our music or positively criticizing us, our audiences mostly prefer spotting out mistakes from our songs. This is bad!
Assuming you wed today, who would be your Best Man? Mad Cash (a fellow member of Madness Entertainment)
Dream Holiday Destination: Ireland, or any of the United Kingdom countries
Dream Car: Range Rover
Favourite chilling spot in Lilongwe: Livingroom, Game Complex, and Pa Mbowe
Apart from music, what else keeps you busy? Academic studies, and hustling
Other talents apart from singing: Drawing
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES
- Facebook: Bwaxy Malindie
- Instagram: Bwaxy Madness
Compiled by GIBSON C Kamanga